Carrickfergus in Bloom Community Competitions
The Carrickfergus in Bloom Community Competitions is organised by Mid & East Antrim Borough Council. Everyone who lives in the Carrickfergus area has the chance to think about their local environment and how attractive flowers, plants and gardens can enhance it. By actively supporting this competition you will not only make your garden or business more attractive but also assist Carrickfergus’s entry to the Translink Ulster in Bloom Competition and the Britain in Bloom Competition.
1) Best Kept Front Garden
Young people’s (16 and under) categories
5) Painting Competition
To enter the competition. Entries 1 to 6 must be received by 20th July. Entry 7 must be received by 1 September. Entries 8 to 10 must be received by 30th September.
1) Design and general effect
2) Plant variety and diversity
3) Cleanliness and neatness (presentation)
4) Quality of plant growth & produce (husbandry)
5) Special features (e.g. wildlife area, pool etc)
6) Plants in bloom
There are prizes for winners and runners up in each category and winners and runners up will be invited to an awards ceremony in October.
1) Entries are open to persons living within the Borough.
2) Entries are restricted to one entry per household per section / class. If you are under the age of 16, you must obtain permission from your parent/guardian before entering. We do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
3) Please note that entries will not be returned, therefore, make a copy.
4) Mid & East Antrim Borough Council reserves the right to refuse any entry.
5). No household can win more that two prizes within the competition. All prizes are as listed on this website and we do not offer cash alternatives. Prize winners agree to take part in any competition publicity if asked to do so. Entries may be used by the Borough Council for promotional purposes. Unless previously stated, entrants must make their own way to venues and cover all costs involved.
6) Last years first prize category winners are unable to enter the category they won, runners-up may do so.
7) The organisation and judging of this event is controlled by Mid & East Antrim Borough Council and the decision of the Director of Operational Services is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into. At all times we reserves the right, in the event of circumstances arising outside of our control which in our opinion makes it necessary, to cancel or change the competition at any stage.
8) Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
9) We will not pass on your personal details to any other organisation without your permission except for the purposes of running the competition which you have entered.
10) This competition is not open to Mid & East Antrim Borough Council employees or any person involved in the running of the competition, or their immediate family members (except sunflower competition).